The most studied and proven glucose measurement technology
In addition to the studies submitted to the FDA, another 168 independent studies over the past eight years, including 53 intensive care studies, have found no clinically significant interferences for the StatStrip measurement technology. This is a statement that no other glucose meter manufacturer can make. StatStrip and StatStrip Xpress2 are the most studied and tested glucose tests in the world. It has been shown to be safe and effective for use in all hospital and professional healthcare settings, including intensive care.
They are packaged in standard sealed tubes and each tube contains 100 test strips.
The strip covers 11 parameters: –
- Specific gravity
- Ascorbic acid
Wireless meter to LIS / HIS connectivity with StatStrip Glucose / Ketone
The StatStrip Hospital Glucose / Ketone Meter System offers two-way wireless connectivity to the hospital’s HIS or LIS in complete security to protect patient data.
- Wireless connectivity can transmit patient results directly from the bedside, alleviating the need to bring the meter to a fixed location for meter docking and data transmission.
- Wireless connectivity saves caregivers time and enables faster recording of results and clinical decision making to improve patient care.
- Dual-band wireless connectivity provides complete security and encryption to ensure that patient data is not compromised.
- Nova now offers a full range of StatStrip Glucose / Ketone wireless connectivity capabilities, including wireless meters, wireless carrying cases, and wireless docking stations.
- All wireless devices use the industry-standard POCT1-A2 data format and are supported by a variety of middleware partners.
Measure ketones with the same meter
1. Easy to use
No calibration coding steps or meter setup is required. Insert a ketone strip and the StatStrip glucose/ketone meter automatically recognizes the strip and converts the meter to ketone measurement mode.
2. The blood ketone test should be performed whenever glucose is above 14 mmol / L (250 mg / dL)
Diabetes UK, the Canadian Diabetes Association, the European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology, and the American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommend that blood ketones be tested whenever glucose is above 14 to 17 mmol / L for rapid detection or the prevention of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).
3. StatStrip Glucose / Ketone measures blood beta-hydroxybutyrate, the ketone of choice for diagnosing ketoacidosis
According to the European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes UK, ADA and others, blood ketone test methods that quantify beta-hydroxybutyrate, the predominant ketone body in DKA, are recommended over urine ketone tests to diagnose and control ketoacidosis.
4. Ketone test results from capillary samples
Capillary blood samples are not only preferred over urine samples for detecting and monitoring CAD,
They are also easier to obtain and allow immediate reflex testing for ketones as long as the glucose is greater than 14 mmol / L.
5. Controlling blood ketones reduce costs and length of ICU stay for CAD patients
An ICU study evaluated the effectiveness of blood ketone tests versus urine ketone tests for patients with CAD. The blood ketone test group left ICU 6.5 hours earlier than the urine ketone test group. This meant a saving of 22 hours of nursing time and 375 laboratory investigations, for a total saving of € 2,940.1
A second study of CAD patients compared an endpoint of CAD therapy of pH> 7.3 and blood ketones <1.0 mmol / L versus an endpoint of pH> 7.3 and ketones in negative urine. The blood pH/ketones endpoint was reached after 17 hours, while the urine pH/ketones endpoint was not reached until 28 hours after starting treatment. The mean lag between the blood ketones and urine ketones groups was 11 hours, with a range of 1 to 36 hours.2
6. The blood ketone test is more accurate than the urine ketone test
The beta-hydroxybutyrate blood test indicates the patient’s condition at the time of the test, while the urine may have been in the bladder for several hours. Urine tests can also produce false positive or negative results due to highly coloured urine, highly acidic urine, exposure of urine test strips to air for long periods of time, drugs such as the ACE inhibitor captopril, or high doses of vitamin C.
StatStrip Glucose / Ketone Connectivity Meter
Weight: 0.49 lbs (220 g)
Size: 5.8 x 3.1 x 1.18 inches
(147mm x 79mm x 30mm)
Test for glucose and ketones on a meter (ADA recommends testing for ketones when glucose> 250 mg / dL or> 14 mmol / L)
- Glucose results in 6 seconds, ketone results in 10 seconds
- 1.2 microliter sample for glucose
- 0.8 microliter sample for ketone
- Simple operation with colour touch screen
- Patient tests: 1,000 tests
- Quality control tests: 200 tests
- Users: 8,000 users
- Meter data output: RJ-45 Ethernet port
- Protocol: TCP / IP Ethernet 100 Mbit Standard: POCT1-A2
- Compatible configuration program: NovaNet ™ web-based instrument management software
- Type: 3.7V lithium polymer rechargeable battery
- Features: rechargeable / replaceable
- Duration: 6-8 hours in use (approximately 40 tests with barcode scans) / 12-24 hours on standby
Optional accessory; Desktop or wall charging station with RJ-45 Ethernet connector. 3 LED indicator lights showing connection status, data transmission/reception and charging status. Extra battery slot included to recharge and store the spare battery.
- Colour touch screen
- Integrated barcode scanner
- Traditional quality control with target values assigned to quality control materials
- Numerical quality control or pass / fail
- QC Indication or QC Lock
- Abnormal and critical ranges marked by colour highlighting
- Canned or free text user comments
- Rejecting results on the meter (optional) to retest
- Flag Tight Glycemic Control Results
- Accept Patient ID or Access Number
- Use of operator password (lock)
- Offline test input
- ICD-9 diagnostic code entry
- Request doctor identification
- On-screen training mode
- Correlation mode
- Slope and intercept adjustment
- Web-based meter configuration by location
- Custom meter configuration per medical unit
- Connect to the hospital ADT
- Connect to all LIS / EMRs
- POCT1-A2 data output